beauty: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

So after my two weeks of blazing sunshine and high-20s weather in Norway and Barcelona, I got a beast of a tan, and that meant I had the task of finding myself a new foundation when I got home (a foundation that used to be too dark for me, was now many shades too light!). My tans tend to last quite awhile before fading, so it was worth the investment.

I have super dry skin around my nose, which foundations always cling to, but I'd heard many good things about the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum - the liquid foundation I already owned, and I didn't get on with it well, but the serum version is a 'gel foundation', and it's amazing! It glides over my dry patches and has brilliant coverage. The finish is meant to be matte, and maybe it's just leftover shimmer on my foundation brush, but I find it gives a very subtle dewy finish which is much nicer looking.



Almost flawless finish! You can see hints of a blemish between my eyebrows and on my chin - I'm pleased with the coverage though!

Well, the only issue is I was pressed for time in Boots and ended up getting a shade too dark - weirdly it blended in perfectly with my tanned forehead, but not so much on the rest of my face, so there's risk of tidemarks if I don't blend well. 

However, it's easy to combat this with a light powder, and I blend this in with a Real Techniques brush, not quite going all the way to the outer bits (?!) of my face, so it just about blends well. I can kind of pass it off as bronzer, but I might buy a lighter shade to mix this one with. Still, the formula cannot be faulted!

This foundation costs £10.99 in Boots and is PERFECT for drier skin types! 

4 comments:

  1. I have really dry skin too and I just bought this; like you I am LOVING it! It's such a relief to use a foundation that doesn't make me look even more dry skinned than I actually am!

    Kitty
    www.kittyblackadder.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right! Sometimes foundations make my skin look ten times worse! Wish there were more foundations out there for dry skin but this one is a good find!

      Delete
  2. I have skin like the sahara so will definitely be giving this a go! Great review!x
    everydayunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Contact

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact me! You can reach me at emily.louisep@outlook.com or on Twitter with the handle @hellofromemily

About

A lifestyle and travel blog by a 22 year old living in Hong Kong.

Grab my Blog Button!

Hello From Emily