beauty: Lisa Eldridge's Alexa Chung tutorial

Hello!

Sorry for my absence... this weekend has been insane, as I actually had laser eye surgery a few days ago - all a success, amazing, review to come soon! - and I've been on eye bedrest as my eyes are so light sensitive recently. I also can't wear makeup for a week, HOWEVER, last week I did manage to take a few snaps of my version of the Alexa Chung tutorial by Lisa Eldridge. I love her tutorials and watched this one last week, instantly liking the idea of fresh dewy skin and a very simple winged liner. I even had the exact same shade of Rimmel lipstick used on Alexa in the video, so it would have been a crime not to try it out for myself.

the before and after: link to the YouTube video HERE
In the tutorial, Lisa  Eldridge creates a simple dewy base of foundation and liquid blusher, placing more focus on the brows and eyeliner and balancing this with a 60's nude lip. I paid a little more attention to my own base, as I need a bit of bronzer to contour my round face! I also added a touch of white liner on the waterline as it's just my habit now, to try and wake up the eyes a little more.



weird blotchy pupils.
Face:

  • Max Factor CC concealer in green, for red spots
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, mixed with Soap and Glory Hocus Focus illuminator, these two mix so well for a subtle dewy finish
  • Benefit Hoola bronzer, for contouring the temples and cheekbones
  • Etude House Water Color blusher in Apricot (similar to the Rimmel Stay Blushed used in the video)
Eyes:
  • Rimmel Scandaleyes kohl, for the tightline
  • Barry M kohl in white, for the waterline
  • L'Oreal Superliner, for a quick winged flick
  • YSL Babydoll mascara on top lashes only
  • MUA eyeshadow in Shade 19, applied with angled brush to fill in eyebrows
Lips:
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'Nude Delight'

I love this look for a 60's inspired daytime face. I don't wear nude lipstick enough - very much a pink and coral girl - but hopefully this will make me remember to dig it out more often!



2 comments:

  1. Perfect wing accomplished! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always map out the flick first before drawing the line - same way Alexa does in the video :)

      Delete

 

Contact

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact me! You can reach me at emily.louisep@outlook.com or on Twitter with the handle @hellofromemily

About

A lifestyle and travel blog by a 22 year old living in Hong Kong.

Grab my Blog Button!

Hello From Emily