recipe: Banana & Cinnamon pancakes (healthy, clean and guilt free!)


I LOVE PANCAKES. However, regular pancakes are a bit of a faff and not entirely good for your bikini bod. So recently I've fallen in love with clean eating, and I found a superb recipe that only uses THREE ingredients for perfect, naturally sweet and fluffy pancakes!

INGREDIENTS (for one portion/two medium pancakes)
  • one banana  (the riper the better - brown bananas mash easier and are sweeter)
  • one medium egg
  • teaspoon of bicarbonate soda (or baking powder)
  • optional: pinch of cinnamon

METHOD
  1. Mash the bananas (I just use a fork)
  2. Beat in with the egg and baking powder
  3. Add any optional extras - like blueberries or even indulgent chocolate chips
  4. Fry over a medium heat

So easy, so quick, and absolutely guilt free - who can fault eating fruit and protein for breakfast?! The pancakes are a PERFECT texture and are naturally sweet, without being overpoweringly banana-y for those of you who aren't keen on bananas. 

I love mine topped with fresh fruit and honey or maple syrup - but these are so versatile, you could perhaps top with natural yoghurt, or peanut butter, whatever you like!


Wanna make these yourself? Post your photos on instagram and tag me in them so I can see!  @peddleface @peddleface @peddleface 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact me! You can reach me at emily.louisep@outlook.com or on Twitter with the handle @hellofromemily

About

A lifestyle and travel blog by a 22 year old living in Hong Kong.

Grab my Blog Button!

Hello From Emily