recipes: smooth breakfasts for smooth people

Hi lovelies,

Aaagh slipped on my blogging routine! It's been a hectic few days of moving home from uni and doing up two rooms - I've built so much furniture this week, I'm feeling like a strong independent woman who don't need no man! Anyway, one thing that HAS entered my routine are these delicious and healthy fruit smoothies for breakfast. I try to remember to do this at least once or twice a week as a good shot of vitamins and those all-round good feelings you get from clean eating.

These smoothies are so versatile and easy to whip up. I take a break from dairy by mixing my selection of fruit with almond milk or soya milk, some people don't like the flavours of these dairy alternatives but I find that the sweetness of the fruit totally masks it anyway and makes it a yummy low fat alternative.

I also like to keep a bag of ground up flaxseed, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds from Holland and Barrett handy in my cupboard - they're amazing to sprinkle over yoghurt and salads to keep you fuller for longer, and a handful in a smoothie totally boosts your drink! I also enjoy a spoonful of Manuka honey (my favourite healthy honey, and also a brilliant antibiotic for when you're feeling under the weather).

Banana, raspberry and soya milk
Banana, blueberry, raspberry and blackberry with soya milk and seeds
Strawberry and Manuka honey with almond milk and seeds

Those are some of my favourites but I've gotten so many variations out of these, it's great for using up soft fruit! My top tip is to always keep tubs of frozen fruit that you can take a scoop or two out of here and there - so much cheap to buy than fresh berries, and cools down your drink!

Have I given you breakfast inspiration for tomorrow?! Let me know! xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact me! You can reach me at emily.louisep@outlook.com or on Twitter with the handle @hellofromemily

About

A lifestyle and travel blog by a 22 year old living in Hong Kong.

Grab my Blog Button!

Hello From Emily