beauty: Max Factor CC stick in 'The Reducer' (Green)

Beauty review for you all today - I don't know why I don't do more of these, as I have a LOT of makeup and love reading beauty blogs. Anyway, today I popped into Boots and picked up one of the new CC sticks - they've recently brought out a range of perfectly pastel toned colour correcting sticks, and at £9.99 a pop I had to seriously restrain myself. 

One thing about my skin I really hate are the red patches I get, especially around my nose. It's annoying on days where I don't quite fancy foundation but still need to cover up the redness. Green concealers mute out red, so here we go!


Swatched on a section of my hand that was a bit stained from lipstick swatches (classic sign of a Boots trip)

Blended out. You can see the slightly lighter strip amongst the pinker areas of skin
 So the colour correcting definitely works. Next I'll show you how it turned out on my skin - I have extremely dry skin around my nose so I was putting this to a serious challenge in terms of the formula.


Bare nose - you can see the redness around my nose and cheeks, as well as my chin

Blended out around my nose and chin. The redness has gone and it doesn't look green, but does look a little too pale.

Fixed the paleness with a sweep of powder and bronzer.
Overall, a winner. I do find it a little drying on my nose, but I'm not surprised by that, and it's not tooooo bad. I can imagine this is perfect for oily and combination skin types, and works okay for dry so long as you take the time to exfoliate/moisturise and perhaps prime. The redness has totally gone, at least!

Max Factor CC Sticks can be found for £9.99 at larger, well-stocked Boots (I haven't found them in smaller stores or my local Superdrugs yet).

5 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! I get some redness on my forehead and nose so this looks like it would help with that...However, we don't have that brand here in the states. Boo:(
    Lizzie Bee Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's a shame! Perhaps order online somewhere, amazon or ebay? x

      Delete
  2. You are so stunning!!
    Lovely post! I've just followed you bloglovin! would love i you could return the favour and check out my blog!

    Love,
    stylelikehers
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon! Your blog is really cute, followed back! xx

      Delete
  3. This looks fab. I've never seen it before and I am always in Boots. LOL

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete

 

Contact

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact me! You can reach me at emily.louisep@outlook.com or on Twitter with the handle @hellofromemily

About

A lifestyle and travel blog by a 22 year old living in Hong Kong.

Grab my Blog Button!

Hello From Emily