city review: cocktails at The Jekyll and Hyde, Birmingham

Hello! Today I want to start a new series - reviews of pretty places in cities and my recommendations of bars and restaurants. I was scrolling through my old photos and unearthed this gem from a little girls' night I had with an old school friend in April, back in my hometown of Birmingham. It's called the Jekyll and Hyde, a sweet little establishment located in the city centre - just past the Childrens Hospital, close to Snow Hill Station. 

The Jekyll and Hyde is a great venue that serves food during the day, and cocktails in the evening (with a wide range of gins as well). We had a little dabble in the vintage sweet cocktails, which had a great menu with themed drinks served in adorable jam jars and topped with sweeties. At £4.50 per jar it wasn't really friendly for a student budget, especially as the jars were filled with a lot of crushed ice, but we could afford a few for the quirk of it. Besides, for an independent cocktail bar in the city centre, £4.50 isn't shabby at all!


Between us, we tried the Pear Drops, Lemon Bon Bons, Love Hearts and Cinder Toffee and were so impressed by them all. The presentation cannot be faulted! The venue itself is small and inviting, with a Victorian gin parlour decor and a really friendly ambience. Perfect for a girly catch up.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact me! You can reach me at emily.louisep@outlook.com or on Twitter with the handle @hellofromemily

About

A lifestyle and travel blog by a 22 year old living in Hong Kong.

Grab my Blog Button!

Hello From Emily